What’s ferrous metal recycling? Let’s break that down for you. There are two different types of metals that can be recycled: ferrous and non-ferrous. Ferrous metals are the most recycled metals. You...
Selling scrap metal is easy. Getting the absolute best price possible for the scrap you’ve been collecting, however, can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing. Knowing what to sell, when to...
People are always scoping out the best deals and looking for ways to make extra money. There are several ways of doing this, some rather easy and others that require additional schooling. But, what...
The Latest Scrap Metal News
- Chinese Ferrous Scrap Usage Outpaced Steel Output Surgeon June 1, 2020 at 9:10 am
The higher emission standards set by Chinese steel industry boosted scrap consumption by BOF mills.
- Plans of Exchange-based Scrap Metal Exports Trading Put on Holdon May 29, 2020 at 8:00 am
The reform requires amendment of several legislative laws, before it can be finally implemented.
- BIR Handbook Updates on Global Ferrous Scrap and Steelmaking Statisticson May 28, 2020 at 12:50 pm
The global steel production was up by 3.4% in comparison with 2018.
- Scotiabank Hit by $168M in Costs Due to Closure of Metals Businesson May 27, 2020 at 1:55 pm
For years, Scotia Bank had been the world’s biggest lender to the physical precious metals industry.
- Copper Scrap Markets Faced Significant Downturns in Supply and Demandon May 26, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The demand for scrap is likely to show improvements in June and July as many mills return to normal operations following Covid-19 related shutdowns.